Senior Geo-environmentaL Engineer
£26,000 - £36,000
This leading Engineering and Environmental Consultancy with multiple offices throughout the UK, now have an exciting opportunity based from their Birmingham office. They have an established reputation for delivering high quality environmental and engineering consultancy services to corporate, industrial, development and financial clients across a variety of sectors. The Environment Group includes Contaminated Land, Geotechnical, Environmental Due Diligence and Flood Risk teams. Due to the continued success and growth, they are looking for a Senior Geo-environmental Consultant / Engineer to join the site investigation team, based in Birmingham.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in project management and delivery of high quality consultancy services to high profile clients with excellent leadership and communication skills. The successful applicant will form an important part of the Birmingham team and will play a key role supporting the technical management Team in delivering and managing the workload of the team both locally and nationally.
In this role you will be expected to technically and financially manage and deliver projects from initial bid to issue of reports, focusing on the delivery of geo-environmental site investigations, land quality assessments, remediation and reclamation design, contract management, monitoring and validation. Excellent client care and communication with other internal teams is expected through strong project delivery and providing robust pragmatic, commercial advice.
You will be enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated and willing to take the initiative, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Key skills and experience should include:
• Strong geo-environmental background experience and skills including in depth understanding of the geo-environmental, land contamination and remediation aspects of development projects.
• Technical competency in contaminated land investigation and monitoring using a range of techniques.
• Experience completing factual and interpretative Preliminary Risk Assessments (desk based and intrusive assessment) and Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessments (DQRA).
• Experience of managing large scale remediation/ regeneration projects.
• Sound understanding of current and emerging environmental legislation.
• Experience of delivering contaminated land aspects of development projects through the planning framework.
• Working knowledge of methodologies for quantitative risk assessment including GQRA and DQRA using CLEA, Remedial Targets methodology and/or CONSIM.
• Ability to write technically sound and commercially focused proposals and reports.
• Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation skills.
• Ability to provide technical leadership and mentoring to less experienced staff.
• Ability to deliver projects on time and within budget with a strong focus on client care in project management and delivery.
• Willingness to travel and a full driving license are essential to the role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established team in the industry within an environment that will encourage your individuality, giving you the freedom to take ownership of your own projects. As a company that strives for excellence, salary and benefits package will be above market rate.