Principal Geo-environmental Engineer
£35,000 - £45,000 + Car + Pension + Health + Bonus
Our client a leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancy have an exciting opportunity for a Principal engineer to join this established team. Their project portfolio is varied across various disciplines including local authority, housing developers, infrastructure and civil frame work agreements. You will join an experienced middle management team, giving input to strategic decisions on a local and national level. This will be coupled with team management responsibilities with an existing team of 5+ geo-environmental engineers for whom you will mentor.
Technically you will already be operating at a similar level or be an experienced senior consultant looking to progress. You will have 8yrs+ experience working within a consultancy environment in a geo-environmental role, with a preference for candidates to have a geotechnical bias in their background. Academically you will have a degree in Civil Engineering or Geology or similar, with a second degree preferable. Additionally you will be a member of an appropriate professional body and chartered Geologist or Engineer.
• Management of a team of geo-environmental engineers (3 to 4 member team).
• To manage geo-environmental site investigations, to carry out contaminated land risk assessment (qualitative) and to devise cost effective remediation schemes to address contaminated land issues. To carry out hazardous gas risk assessment.
• To provide geotechnical support to the group of companies involved in the assessment, reclamation and remediation of development land.
• To carry out geotechnical design as required. Common requirements will be to undertake slope stability assessments, foundation design (all forms), earthworks design, reinforced earth design, highways advice, ground stabilization design.
• To prepare tenders.
• To act as a client manager.
• Undertake review of technical reports prior to issue with clients.
• Liaison with regulators.
• A working knowledge of contaminated land legislation and NHBC guidelines required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established team of engineers in Yorkshire, who have a reputation as one of the leaders in their field for quality. They pride themselves as having a fantastic team environment where work life balance and employee satisfaction is just as important as the balance sheet. As you would expect working for a leading company there is an excellent remuneration on offer to include a company car (or car allowance), pension, private health care (for family) and bonus.
0121 616 5047