Environmental Consultant – Contaminated Land – Derbyshire
This specialist environmental consultancy, have an exciting opportunity for a contaminated land specialist based form their Derby Office. The role is to assist the management team in providing environmental consultancy services to clients and to develop and maintain projects to the standards agreed considering the needs of key stakeholders to budget and program. Projects include; contaminated land assessment and remediation, waste classification, environmental permitting and landfill management.
• Carry out contaminated land site investigations and to deliver the client’s requirements within the program and budget agreed.
• To provide environmental advice for company projects – i.e. contaminated land assessment & remediation, waste management advice, environmental auditing and permitting.
• Full competency with human health and groundwater risk assessment software (e.g. CLEA/R&D P20).
• Ability to use field monitoring and screening equipment.
• Ability to manage large and small scale fieldwork – including site investigations, in‐situ and ex‐situ remediation, site reclamation & demolition operations.
• To maintain professional and technical excellence in environmental consultancy and engineering.
• To maintain project budgets and programs in line with company and client expectations.
• To aid the team management in maintaining project and company resources to deliver the agreed outcomes for client schemes.
• To ensure that the company develops its skills and repertoire through technical and professional development, training and resources.
• To manage external resources used by the clients and the company.
• To agree the briefs, programs and budgets with clients.
• To prepare designs, reports, specifications and other deliverables (incl. DQRA, RMS) for client schemes.
• To allocate tasks to sub‐contractors, contractors and other staff members and monitor progress.
• To monitor the designs produced to ensure they meet the design briefs.
• The role will involve travel around the UK and, potentially, overseas.
• Ability to develop relationships and engender trust at all levels of the organisation and with clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced consultant who is looking to join a company that will give them the opportunity to be part of this developing business. You will be coming in at a time where you can have an influence on the company direction and help develop the team through some interesting project delivery in the UK and overseas.