Geo-Environmental Engineer – North East
£28,000 - £34,000 + Benefits
Our Client a nationwide, multi-disciplinary consultancy currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Geo-environmental Engineer to join their established team of specialist in their North East Office. From this office they have a large project portfolio across various market sectors within the Property Development, Asset Management, Corporate and Industrial markets.
You will be responsible for management, financial and technical input to projects, including provision of proposals, project planning, management of resources (office or site based) and sub-contractors (where required), completion of appropriate scheduling of laboratory testing (where necessary), site monitoring, data assessment, reporting and financial performance.
This opportunity would suit a highly organised, motivated and enthusiastic professional with proven track record in a broad range of core geo-environmental skills with experience in the completion and management of geo-environmental projects from inception, through design and delivery.
Ideally the candidate will have a master's degree in a geo-environmental related discipline and be Chartered (or progressing towards Chartership) with a relevant professional institution. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated and dynamic with excellent verbal and written communication ability together with the following key skills:
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate good experience and working knowledge of the following areas of work:
• Strong experience in managing and supervising Phase I and Phase II geo-environmental investigations including soil and rock logging, soil and groundwater sampling and in situ testing;
• Experience in managing, mentoring and encouraging less experienced members of a geo-environmental project team
• Factual and interpretative report writing including Generic Qualitative Risk Assessment for human health and controlled waters. Experience undertaking DQRA or numeric modelling would be desirable;
• Clear appreciation of the ground engineering aspects of development projects;
• Excellent verbal, written and communication skills with the ability to factually check technical reports;
• Experience and proficiency in using GIS and AutoCAD packages desirable;
• Ability to deliver projects on time and within budget; and
0121 616 5047