Senior Geo-environmental Engineer
£28,000 - £38,000
This multidisciplinary environmental consultancy based in Sussex has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Geo-environmental Engineer to join their established team of experts. The successful applicant will be required to demonstrate a sound knowledge of their subject and a proven ability to deliver. They will be chartered or on the path to chartered status with 5-8 years experience in site investigation, environmental consultancy or similar.
• Take the lead on projects, producing both Phase 1 & 2 geoenvironmental interpretative reports as required;
• Liaise with and manage clients and contractors;
• Develop client relations and assist the Regional Manager in business development;
• Project Manage Site Investigations;
• Collect, analyse and interpret geological, geochemical and geotechnical data;
• Carry out soil, gas and water risk assessment calculations;
• Mentor and train more junior staff.
• Previous experience within the UK regulatory and design environment;
• Familiar with geotechnical software eg. Holebase and working knowledge of geoenvironmental software eg. CIEH statistics, CLEA, P20, Consim waste classification;
• Able to log both soil and rock to BS 5930;
• Experienced in geoenvironmental aspects of site investigation and previous experience in a multidisciplinary environment where geotechnical issues are being considered alongside contaminated land issues;
• Able to work to budget and timescales.
The competitive remuneration package will depend on qualifications and experience, and will include share of the regional office profits via a generous bonus scheme. Joining them you will benefit from the support of Continuing Professional Development and support all employees in gaining chartership of their relevant professional Institute/Society.