£26,000 - £30,000
Due to continued growth, this client, a multidisciplinary consultancy are seeking to appoint a Geo-Environmental Engineer in their Birmingham office. The position offers an opportunity to contribute to the development of an expanding geo-environmental consultancy, within a successful multi-disciplinary and national consultancy, with excellent career development prospects.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Gathering of site investigation field data, involving some periods away from base office.
• Contributing to technical reports (Phase I and II) providing geo-environmental design input, primarily to built environment projects.
• Assistance with project Management and the preparation of site investigation scopes, proposals and tenders relevant to the business.
Knowledge and Skills:
• First degree in Earth or Environmental Sciences, or other relevant subject.
• MSc in Environmental Science, Geo-technical Engineering, Engineering Geology or other relevant subject, with focus on Contaminated Land.
• Work experience in a similar geo-environmental consultancy, preferably in the built environment.
• Contaminated land and/or geotechnical focus, with experience in managing site investigation works.
• Highly numerate, with ability to understand and manage large datasets.
• Capability of producing written reports to highest standard, presenting technical information clearly and concisely.
• Works well with others in a team environment and possesses strong communication skills.
• Attention to detail and a willingness and ability to learn new tasks.
• Strong focus on health and safety.
• Valid driving licence.
• Right to work in the UK without restriction.
For more information, submit a copy of your cv and as expected all applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.