Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer
£40,000 - £47,000
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious candidate looking to take their career to the next level and join our growing team as a Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer in Manchester. The perfect candidate will have proven experience in managing teams and projects and advising clients on maximising the potential of brownfield land across both contamination and geotechnical aspects, primarily associated with the built environment.
As an organisation they have a diverse project portfolio from both the internal client within this multidisciplinary consultancy and repeat external clients
As the Principal consultant you will be managing day to day technical and logistical activities of growing geo-environmental team within the Manchester Office. You will oversee and contribute to due diligence assessments, scoping, specifying, procuring and supervising Phase I desk and Phase II site investigations, including contractor supervision and H&S aspects. Additionally contributing to qualitative and quantitative human health and controlled waters risk assessments, remediation activities including options appraisals, strategies, detailed design, procurement, supervision and sign off.
As this is working for a multidisciplinary you will be required to work with other disciplines to deliver high profile schemes to the satisfaction of their clients.
Other Key Responsibilities:
• Mentoring and line management of junior members of staff.
• Assisting in the winning of business to maintain the current and expanding geo-environmental technical team.
• Supporting senior management in managing and reporting local cost centre financial performance.
To adequately for fill the role you will need to demonstrate key Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Good first degree in Earth Science related discipline.
• Further degree in Contaminated Land or Ground Engineering discipline.
• Chartered Status.
• Proven technical experience commensurate to the role in either geotechnical or contamination aspects, with applied knowledge of both.
• Experience in a client facing role, with BD skills an advantage.
• Ability to communicate in a clear and concise way, both verbally and in written form.
• Ability to manage people.
• Valid driving licence.
This is fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to become a key hire within this organisation and office. As you would expect a completive package and development is on offer.