Due to continued growth, Curtins Consulting are seeking to appoint a Geo-Environmental Engineer in both our Birmingham and Leeds offices. The position offers an opportunity to contribute to the development of an expanding geo-environmental consultancy, within a successful multi-disciplinary and national consultancy, with excellent career development prospects.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Gathering of site investigation field data, involving some periods away from base office.
- Contributing to technical reports (Phase I and II) providing geo-environmental design input, primarily to built environment projects.
- Assistance with project Management and the preparation of site investigation scopes, proposals and tenders relevant to the business.
Knowledge and Skills:
- First degree in Earth or Environmental Sciences, or other relevant subject.
- MSc in Environmental Science, Geo-technical Engineering, Engineering
- Geology or other relevant subject, with focus on Contaminated Land.
- Work experience in a similar geo-environmental consultancy, preferably in the built environment.
- Contaminated land and/or geotechnical focus, with experience in managing site investigation works.
- Highly numerate, with ability to understand and manage large datasets.
- Capability of producing written reports to highest standard, presenting technical information clearly and concisely.
- Works well with others in a team environment and possesses strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail and a willingness and ability to learn new tasks.
- Strong focus on health and safety.
- Valid driving licence.
- Right to work in the UK without restriction.
25 days Holiday + bank holiday
Childcare Voucher Scheme
Bike to Work Scheme
Company Pension Scheme
Share Ownership after qualifying period