Vacancy Title -Energy Engineer
EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 13,500 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.
The Energy Engineer is responsible for the successful design and development of high profile and high value energy related projects and tenders to ensure customer satisfaction. The Energy Engineer is expected to carry out high level modelling and design work to develop state-of-the-art and innovative technical solutions to meet clients needs. The Energy Engineer is expected to project manage small (low value) energy and energy efficiency projects.
Nature and Scope
EDF Energy Services is a joint venture between EDF Energy and Dalkia France aiming to provide the provision, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of energy efficiency, technical services for demand side reduction initiatives, small scale generation, combined heat and power, and other measures designed to assist consumers in effective and efficient use of energy, and ancillary services related to the same, whether the primary energy is fossil fuels or renewable energy, district heating and cooling, project finance initiative transactions involving any of the above activities in whole or in part.
Framework & Boundaries
EDF Energy Services operate within a fast paced, continuously evolving environment giving rise to key challenges including responding to regulatory and market reforms through innovative products, services or processes, creating value in tight margin highly competitive market places, and building trust with customers. Employee mix includes directly sourced contact centre staff and increasingly outsourced capability.
Carry out energy modelling and engineering studies, including project costing.
Conduct desk based energy demand modelling and energy efficiency assessments using energy data resulting in the identification of savings opportunities and the design low carbon heat/cooling/electrical generation projects
Conduct on-site energy assessments for our customers resulting in the identification of savings opportunities. These could include EPCs, DECs, energy audits, feasibility studies, high level designs etc..
Ensure all work is conducted in accordance health & safety regulations (CDM) and EDF Energy's "Zero Harm Policy"
Develop and present business cases to facilitate investment decisions amongst key decision makers and senior stakeholders, both internal and external
Plan and manage low value infrastructure projects (<£0.5 million) through to successful completion
Manage the activities of external partners (technology providers, contractors, consulting companies, etc.) employed to deliver services on our behalf.
Manage customer relationships and expectations in order to deliver exceptional levels of customer service.
Analyse and report on trends and developments in energy and energy efficiency techniques and technologies.
Engage with EDF people and resources to continually improve technical knowledge. At the same time share knowledge across EDF Energy.
Prove and guarantee energy savings through industry recognised methodology (e.g. IPMVP)
Support commercial teams with the develop of innovative forms of financing energy efficiency projects
Skills and Qualifications
Knowledge & Skills
· Good general knowledge of energy and energy related technologies and solutions
· Good level of modelling and analysis skills
· Knowledge of health and safety regulations governing electrical and mechanical systems and construction
· Exposure to heat/cooling/electrical generation projects including CHP, energy centres and district heat networks.
· Other fields of expertise that would be beneficial
o Automation and control systems
o Heat pumps
o Biomass boilers
o Compressed air
o BREEAM buildings
o Energy efficiency technologies
Qualifications & Experience
· A good engineering degree is required or a demonstration of ability to the same level delivered in a working environment
· Strong ability to communicate both verbally and through the written word.
· Experience in writing reports, producing clear project designs and methodologies, supplier bid summaries, tender responses and business cases required. Must also be confident in presentation delivery
· Experience in the areas of energy management, process engineering and/or related fields with a track record of delivering successful technical projects through to completion
· Experience of working within operational or industrial organisations in either the private or public sectors.
Employment Type Full-Time
Employment Period Permanent
Location South East
Contractual Location Croydon (Interchange)
Salary Range From £35,379
Career Area Engineering – Renewables
Engineering - Thermal Generation
Removal Date 20-Jan-2017