Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
We are currently recruiting for two Environmental Consultants to join our busy and experienced Remediation Services department, performing contaminated land assessment and remediation. As an Environmental Consultant you will be based in our centrally located London - Wimbledon office, close to local transport connections and amenities.
As an Environmental Consultant you will have the following main responsibilities:
• To work within a team, undertaking site investigations, laboratory procurement for environmental analysis, data analysis, desk studies, factual and interpretive report writing.
• To ensure that health and safety issues are addressed throughout the life of a project.
• To coordinate field service subcontractors and fully supervise ground investigations.
• To collect soil and groundwater samples/data during assessment and remedial action activities at sites predominantly in South-East UK.
• To coordinate with laboratories to secure appropriate analysis and in a timetable consistent with project requirements.
• To complete exploratory hole logs.
• To compile and interpret field and analytical data into accurate and comprehensive conceptual site models.
• To learn the AECOM quality management system and ensure its effective implementation.
• To assist project managers in developing proposals for ground investigations and remediation projects if appropriate.
Minimum Requirements • Good understanding of field sampling, soil logging and data QA.
• Good understanding of contaminated land assessment & CSM.
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
• Familiar with developing and implementing H&S risk assessment
• Strong team worker – able to listen to requirements and work well with others.
• Attention to detail and a thorough approach to work.
• Strong communication skills at all levels.
• Report writing skills.
• Some post-graduate field investigation experience including exploratory investigation & management of subcontractors.
• Experience collecting groundwater quality and vapour data and samples.
• Some experience of working in a corporate environment (within or outside of environmental consultancy).
• Experience of working on petroleum sites an advantage.
• Relevant degree in Geology /Hydrogeology /Contaminated Land /Environmental Engineering /Environmental Science.
• Full Driving Licence essential.
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.