Category:Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI’s Energy, Utilities and Telecoms (EUT) business unit shapes and delivers solutions at the heart of GB energy and water markets. We advise on, formulate, deliver and service some of the largest and most business critical programmes in the sector.
This encompasses all aspects of the value chain from upstream production/generation, through wholesale markets and networks infrastructure to downstream B2B and B2C supply and smart metering.
Our Energy Retail team is expanding to further innovate and deliver solutions for existing and new clients. We work with a wide range of companies including the “Big 6” energy suppliers, major independents and new entrants. We cover the full project lifecycle from industry advisory, business change, solution strategy scoping, requirements, design, implementation and support utilising the leading technology packages.
Our Lead Energy Retail Consultants deliver consulting assignments to our clients by providing deep specialist knowledge of the Electricity and Gas Retail markets and associated software products and solutions. We are looking to appoint a lead consultant into the team with demonstrable experience of helping energy Retailers establish and grow their businesses. The successful candidate will have a deep knowledge of energy supply businesses operating in the GB market, will have a strong track record of developing and delivering consultancy assignments, both individually and leading expert teams.
• Strong track record of developing and delivering consultancy assignments to external client organisations
• Wide range of senior contacts in the Energy Retail Market
• Experience of running small delivery teams
• Experience of managing and developing staff teams
• Detailed knowledge of legislation and regulation impacting on energy suppliers, including tax, payments, debt, vulnerable customers, data protection, renewables obligations, levies and other charges
• Experience of developing business cases and effective target operating models
• Experience of current and future industry and regulatory change
• Practical experience of setting up key Supplier industry processes, including settlement validation, registration, erroneous transfer, settlement performance reporting, agent management
• Experience of bringing a new entrant suppliers into the GB Elec and Gas markets
o Supply licence models including full supplier, licence-lite, white label
o Licence conditions relating to each type
o Entry processes and accreditation requirements for accession to industry codes
• Ability to create and maintain clearly written technical, user, and system documentation.
• A motivated self-starter that is able to work independently, in teams and projects with limited supervision.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to communicate and engage at all stakeholder levels.
What you can expect from us:
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.