Head Office (Central London)
Getting our clothes to our customers is no mean feat. Our supply chain teams handle over 130 million items from approximately 50 countries around the world every year, using a combination of sea, road and air. We employ 1,500 people in our three UK distribution centres and operate distribution hubs in Singapore and the USA - where each item is processed and sent to the right store. We also send 30 million items to our 900 international stores each year. We deliver over 10 million online orders to 120 countries a year too: it is safe to say the sun never sets on our supply chain.
Being a large business, we work with a significant number of suppliers and our supplier management team is responsible for building, monitoring and managing these relationships. Our team makes sure everything we buy meets high standards. We work closely with group sourcing to monitor sourcing patterns and provide detailed product information to the business.
The team is also responsible for setting the strategy and managing the delivery of, our Fashion Footprint programme. Fashion footprint is our programme to monitor and manage our social and environmental impacts, to ensure we produce fashion products in an ethical and sustainable way.
To drive, develop and manage Fashion Footprint; Arcadia Group’s Sustainability programme.
• To develop and implement the overarching Arcadia Sustainability and Ethical Trade strategy.
• To review the current programme and targets to ensure they remain relevant to the business and its objectives, as well as emerging global trends.
• Drive internal engagement with Fashion Footprint, both at a Senior Executive level and among all of Arcadia’s employee base.
• Oversee Arcadia’s Sustainability programmes to ensure that they manage business risk and drive continuous improvement of supply chain standards.
• Oversee the delivery of Arcadia’s Modern Slavery Statement.
• Develop stakeholder engagement strategy and policies.
• Lead a team of Ethical Trade and Sustainability professionals.
• Conduct research on current industry initiatives and best practice, and implement within Arcadia Group as appropriate.
• Continue to raise the profile of the Fashion Footprint within the Arcadia Group.
• Represent the Arcadia Group at public forums and seminars and lead stakeholder relationships.
• Coordinate the publication of the Annual Responsibilities Report.
• Manage and maintain strong relationships with the Arcadia Brand Managing Directors and The Fashion
Footprint Steering Group.
• Drive training programmes that ensure all employees understand Arcadia’s commitments and how they can support them in their day jobs.
• Further develop and implement Sustainability and Ethical trade competencies for Arcadia Group.
• Develop training solutions for use throughout the supply chain.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in sustainability.
• Experience of managing retailer programmes coupled with a good understanding of linking the benefits of sustainability and ethical trade to the commercials of a business.
• Takes a proactive and energetic approach to problem solving.
• Relevant contacts within the Sustainability community.
• Crisis management skills.
• Strong communication and leadership skills.
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels within a business.
• Strategic thinker.