My Client is a global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets.
Ther Bridges and Civil Structures team is involved in some of the UK's most high profile, complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. As a global multi-disciplinary company we also work closely with our other sectors and regions around the world.
Due to we are now looking to recruit a high calibre Principal Engineer to work in our UK Bridges & Civil Structures team
* You will hold a MEng / MSc in Civil or Structural Engineering
* You will need to be a Chartered Engineer with either the ICE or IStructE
* Proven technical ability in the design and or assessment of bridges and civil structures
* Ability to lead design teams to successful deliver preliminary and detailed designs of structures
* Experience of working on Highways England schemes
* Knowledge of commercial aspects of projects
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Bridges Team Leader, you will provide technical support into assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of technically challenging schemes.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
* Client focused
* Providing technical leadership to projects
* Ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including reports and drawings
* Building relationships with clients on projects
* Providing input to project team, leading by example to achieve sector goals and championing a quality, innovation.
* Assisting and participating in developing yourself and other team members to their full potential
* Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis