Our well respected, professional multidisciplinary consultancy client is looking for an acoustic consultant to join their busy Manchester team.
As a proactive member of the acoustic team, you will have the opportunity to get involved in the whole life cycle of a variety of project work, ranging from noise modelling of single noise sources and vibration assessment of railways, through to noise at work assessments for industry to noise impact assessments of major residential developments.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
As an Acoustic Consultant, your brief will include;
* Undertaking of Noise and Vibration Assessments in support of planning applications.
* Noise modelling.
* Noise & vibration monitoring.
* Local Authority and client liaison.
* Data analysis and interpretation.
* Preparation of factual and interpretative reports.
Qualifications / Experience:
In order to undertake this role successfully, the Acoustic consultant will have;
* An Acoustics or environmental based degree.
* Excellent written and communication skills.
* Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation.
* Knowledge of SoundPLAN noise modelling software would be beneficial.
* Sound acoustics consultancy experience, preferably in the field of environmental noise assessment.
* Knowledge of standard methodologies for assessment of noise from roads and industry, as well as the specification of suitable mitigation.
* Membership of the Institute of Acoustics (AMIOA Grade).
* A full driving licence.
This is an exciting opportunity for a determined individual to join a successful team in an exciting period of growth.