We are currently seeking Flood Risk Hydrologists and Engineers for a leading engineering and environmental consultancy with offices across the UK. You will have the opportunity to assist in a wide range of projects spanning hydrology, flood risk, hydraulic modelling and conceptual and detailed design relating to water infrastructure (drainage, SUDS, hydropower, water supply, reservoirs etc).
Our client are willing to consider candidates with a water engineering background and are chartered or close to chartership with CIWEM or ICE. They are willing to support candidates towards their Chartership so this is the ideal opportunity for an ambitious individual with some consultancy experience to progress their career within a very highly regarded firm.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Key responsibilities include:
* Managing and undertaking Flood Risk Assessments (FRA) and hydraulic modelling for a wide range of development infrastructure proposals
* Design of drainage infrastructure to DMRB and SUDS guidelines and principles
* Preparation of drainage impact assessments
* Undertaking hydrological impact studies for Environmental Impact Assessments
* Field surveys and topographic surveys
* Liaising with clients, colleagues and regulators
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
* Degree educated in a relevant subject area (e.g. Hydrology, Civil Engineering etc)
* Chartered or working towards chartership with a relevant body (e.g. ICE, CIWEM)
* Demonstrable consultancy experience in a similar environment
* Experience in the use of relevant industry software (e.g Microdrainage, PDS, TUFLOW, InfoWorks) and experience in the design of SUDS
* Knowledge of relevant legislation and design guidelines (e.g. DMRB)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.