Job Ref: 15802
Job title: Principal Engineer
Rate: £43,000 - £48,000
Well established multidisciplinary consultancy looking to expand their Developer Projects Team by bringing a Principal Engineer on board // Progress your career within an esteemed organisation
A new opportunity has opened up within an esteemed Global Multidisciplinary Consultancy. Due to a proven record working on large scale developments across a variety of sectors they are looking to expand the team. They are growing their team by bringing in a Principal Engineer, who will contribute to the existing wealth of knowledge while being able to progress their careers further. You'll work closely with all members of the team up to Director Level across a wide variety of applications in a development control focused position.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The Principal Engineer will be implementing a range of highway developer-funded 'public realm' schemes. The role forms part of the company's Highways and Transportation services, working alongside other organisations and contractors. You will be reporting to the Developer Projects Teams and will be assisting; feasibility, design, consultation and implementation of developer-funded highway schemes.
Other responsibilities will include:
* Managing and implementing the design, and design checking of highway engineering projects.
* Preparing reports, drawings, schedules, bills of quantities, cost estimates and other documents in accordance with local procedures.
* Ensure technical reports and correspondence take into account current policies and best practice, and are delivered on time.
Qualifications / Experience:
* A relevant Degree and working towards achieving corporate membership of a relevant professional body.
* Ability to liaise with others including public sector officials, members of the public and other senior colleagues
* Good working knowledge of current national, regional and local guidance/standards with regards to the fields of highway engineering. Knowledge of the DMRB