The role has a key function in providing support to the project management and task delivery on small and medium sized commissions for our clients. The applicant will be technically competent such that they can design and scope the work required in discussions with clients or a bid team and then plan and manage the resource required to deliver the commission.
Technical experience and skills, with a solid grounding in transportation planning for public and/or private sector clients, and likely to consist of a mix of:
* Planning policy, transport assessments or development control.
* Application of operational transport models for junctions (PICADY, ARCADY, LINSIG or TRANSYT and/or microsimulation).
* Application of wider area modelling in scheme impact assessments.
* Scheme appraisal using WebTAG and cost-benefit analysis.
* An ability to undertake and appreciate methods to deliver bespoke analysis regarding initial scheme viability.
* Transport governance.
* Parking, local traffic, lorry management and other local transport plan issues including cycle and walking strategy development.
* An ability to conceptualise and articulate a path that will transform a local problem or issue into a set of options and evidence for consideration through to outline design.
* Traffic engineering experience and minor scheme design for urban areas
* Production of concise and accurate technical reports in English, under minimal supervision
Qualifications / Experience:
* The successful candidate will have experience ideally gained in a consultancy background.
* They will be comfortable providing inputs to the review and scoping of commissions and fee proposals.
* The candidate will be actively in the process of achieving professional accreditation either through ICE, CIHT, TPP or equivalent.
* The role will be market facing and the candidate may be deployed within clients' offices.
* They will be expected to be able to communicate well and establish excellent working relationships with clients.
* An ability and desire to make presentations for industry events / seminars / external professional groups would be attractive, as would experience coding using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Python or other languages.