Our client is a successful independent multidisciplinary firm seeking to appoint a Senior Ecologist to assist with a strong and diverse pipeline of high profile projects throughout the UK.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious ecologist looking to further their career and broaden their skills on an interesting mix of infrastructure, commercial, industrial and energy projects. Our client offers unrivalled opportunities for career progression, a generous base salary and excellent flexible benefits package including private health care.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Provide ecological input and advice for a range of proposals spanning the infrastructure (road/ rail), industrial residential, commercial and energy sectors
* Plan, coordinate and undertake specialist fieldwork, including habitat (extended Phase 1, NVC etc.) and protected species surveys
* Undertake ECoW and protected species licence applications
* Project management, including preparation of technical reports, method statements, fee proposals and tenders for a range of medium and large-scale projects
* Review of reports and mentoring of more junior team members
* Liaison with clients/ stakeholders/ contractors and promotion of business to prospective clients/ partners
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree educated or similar qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. Ecology)
* Member of CIEEM and working towards chartership is desirable
* Project management experience including scoping, estimating and tendering for new work
* Sound appreciation of the EcIA reporting process and relevant legislation and guidance
* Strong field skills - including protected species, Phase 1 habitat and ecological assessment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Full UK driving licence
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com