Job Ref: 15836
Job title: Flood Risk Engineer
Rate: Competitive, DOE
Due to recent success and an increase in work load, our client, a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, is looking to expand their London water team with a Flood Risk Engineer.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced flood risk engineer to broaden their experience within a growing team of industry leading specialists.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The core role is to produce FRAs for development projects in accordance with the NPPF, including outline drainage/SuDS strategies. You will also provide due diligence flood risk advice to landowners and undertake flood studies in the public sector.
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful candidate is likely to have proven experience in the preparation of FRAs and drainage strategies for public and private sector clients and be working towards a relevant professional qualification.
* Ability to recognise and communicate flooding and drainage related constraints and opportunities at development sites
* Good knowledge and experience of Micro Drainage
* Good knowledge of the planning system, in particular flood related policy and guidance such as the NPPF and SuDS Manual
* Awareness of financial control and project management
* Good project management and communication skills
* Ability to write clear and concise reports
On joining this team you will have exposure to a training and development programme that will help to support your application for your professional qualification.