Due to a rapid expansion of their project pipeline, we have been appointed by a specialist sustainable infrastructure consultancy to find a Senior-level hydraulic modelling consultant, with a mix of private and public sector modelling experience, to join their London team. You must be able to hit the ground running with the wide variety of work they have taken on.
New and ongoing projects include work with prestigious and well-known developer clients, with deliverables for all stages of the project, right from concept to construction. They are also growing their reputation with Local Authority clients, delivering long-term strategic plans for flood alleviation.
The primary function of the role is working with and mentoring the existing small team of ISIS-Tuflow modellers, managing projects and designing flood protection strategies for their clients' developments. You will draw on Flood Risk and SuDS knowledge, and have an understanding of how these intrinsically relate to aspects of the planning process.
This company have a collaborative attitude, and the London office are a friendly bunch, with an active social calendar including dragon boat racing, meals out and trips to the local pub on a Friday lunchtime.
Your brief will include;
* Project management across multiple development projects
* Mentoring of the Water Engineering team of modellers and engineers
* Project management of the conceptual design of flood protection measures and drainage strategies, following on to the delivery of planning applications and construction drawings.
* Client facing responsibilities, including mentoring more junior team members in client management and development.
To be successful, you will have;
* Civil engineering degree in relevant discipline OR; Suitable compensatory experience in a similar consulting role or government agency
* Approaching/achieved Chartership
* Extensive experience in ISIS -TUFLOW modelling software
* Experience in drainage design (through WINDES) is desirable
* Project management skills
* Team mentoring experience
* Experience of managing river modelling and hydrological analysis to support detailed designs.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced water engineer to join an expanding company with a great reputation for providing solutions to clients. The company have a low staff turnover, invest well in their staff and offer support to those looking to secure chartership status. Someone who is a Senior already, and looking to progress towards a Principal level would find this role a suitable opportunity and challenge.