Our environmental consultancy client are looking to grow their Water Management team in Reading in order to meet demand in the coastal engineering sector. They are looking for someone with a background in Civil Engineering in a water/coastal engineering environment, who has an appetite to grow in a management role.
With the support of other senior team members you will work to grow the pipeline of coastal engineering projects, while supporting the team in delivering existing work.
The senior engineer will:
* Contribute to the development of the coastal engineering business stream
* Development and design of coastal and fluvial engineering schemes, flood defences, and land development schemes
* Appraise sustainable infrastructure solutions
* Project manage, including resource and budget allocation, and act as a key client contact.
* Manage the workload of the team
* Mentor junior consultants.
The ideal candidate will have:
* BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering (or similar) and progress towards Chartership
* Experience in coastal/water management civil engineering background
* Specialist knowledge in surface water or fluvial water management
* Previous experience working with developers
* Business development acumen
* Confidence liaising with and co-ordinating third parties and clients
* Project management experience, including budgeting and resourcing
* Excellent communication skills, offering guidance to colleagues and clients alike
This client has experienced steady growth in the Water and Flood Risk sectors in recent years, and are looking to bring their coastal engineering offering in line with the other sectors of the business. They have an established team in place, and for the right candidate, can offer excellent career progression as you grow the business.