We have been taken on by our client, a specialist environmental consultancy, to appoint a Graduate Flood Risk Engineer into their Merseyside office. Our client are a successful, dynamic and expanding medium sized consultancy who provide geotechnical, environmental and waste management expertise to the building, civil engineering and waste management industries.
Undertaking the role of Graduate Flood Risk Engineer, you will support their planning teams in identifying and mitigating flood risk, and assist in the detailed design of drainage strategies (SuDS). You will undertake work on behalf of a range of clients, including industrial and residential developers, local authorities, and waste/quarrying clients.
As a graduate flood risk engineer, you will:
* Prepare Flood Risk Assessments (FRAs) and draft surface water management plans
* Undertake hydraulic modelling
* Produce conceptual and detailed design of surface and foul water drainage systems
* Liaise with relevant stakeholders (including authorities)
* Undertake site and ground investigations
* Provide technical input into hydrogeology and wider environmental assessments
Ideally, you will bring to this role:
* BSc/MSc in Civil or Environmental Engineering related degree
* Demonstrable experience in hydrology and hydraulic design / flood risk assessment / drainage / water & waste water engineering
* UK FRA guideline and legislation knowledge
* Hydraulic modelling software experience (Microdrainage, HEC-RAS, TuFlow, XPSWMM, MIKE-FLOOD)
* Excellent reporting and Microsoft Office skills
This would be a great opportunity for an early career flood risk engineer looking to join a dynamic and expanding medium sized consultancy. They are big believers in investing in the development of their staff through the promotion of CPD and in-work training.