Our client, an established environmental consultancy, are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic air quality consultant to join their Manchester team. You will have the opportunity to get involved in the whole life cycle of a variety of project work, ranging from single source dispersion modelling studies right through to larger, complex multi-source industrial impact assessments.
The company themselves are a well-known consultancy with national presence, who can offer defined progression opportunities for ambitious consultants. The established Manchester team are made up mostly of graduate/consultant level specialists, reporting into a Principal Consultant, and opportunities for learning and cross-collaboration on challenging projects are encouraged.
Ideal candidates will be degree educated with a solid working knowledge of ADMS and/or AERMOD software from a consultancy background.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
As an Air Quality Consultant, your brief will include;
* Data collection, analysis and interpretation
* Authoring interpretative and factual reports
* Completion of Air Quality Assessments and Environmental Statement input
* Dispersion modelling
* Mentoring of junior team members
Qualifications / Experience:
In order to undertake this role successfully, the Air Quality consultant will have;
* Relevant first degree, second degree desirable
* Experience of dispersion modelling of roads and point sources using ADMS/AERMOD is essential.
* Full driving license
* Membership of IAQM / IEMA
* Proven air quality consultancy experience
* Experience in data analysis and interpretation
* Knowledge of methodologies for the assessment of roads, industry and dust emissions
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate already at Consultant level (or an ambitious and successful graduate consultant) to hit the ground running in a well-established team.