Our client is an international multidisciplinary consultancy with operations in the property, infrastructure and energy markets. They specialise in providing engineering and planning support for both large and small developments in the private and public sectors.
Due to a healthy pipeline of projects, they are currently looking to appoint a Flood Risk Hydrologist or Engineer to join their established water team in Leeds. The successful candidates will have a fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of projects spanning flood risk assessment, flood alleviation studies, river engineering, flood modelling, SUDs and hydrology.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Key responsibilities include:
* Undertake water resource studies and hydrological studies at varying scales
* Prepare flood risk assessments (FRA) for a range of proposals
* Undertake drainage analysis, assessment and design
* Prepare engineering solutions and business cases for flood risk management schemes
* Support and guide other hydrologists within the team
* Prepare reports and proposals
* Liaise with colleagues, clients, statutory regulators and local authorities
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
* Degree or Masters educated in a relevant subject (e.g. hydrology, civil engineering)
* Chartered or working towards chartership with relevant professional body (e.g. CIWEM / ICE)
* Knowledge of drainage design (e.g. MicroDrainage, Civils3D) and SuDS would be beneficial
* Experience in outline and detailed design of flood risk management solutions
* Working knowledge of the industry legislation and approvals processes
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Full UK driving licence
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com