Our client is a successful specialist civil and structural engineering consultancy who are currently looking to appoint a Senior Structural Engineer to their Leeds office.
The successful candidate will be a Chartered or working towards Chartership and have the responsibility of undertaking hands on design work as well as overseeing the outputs of work by the team and mentoring junior members of staff. This is a great opportunity if you are looking to develop your career as you will be reporting to the director of the office, working on projects of up to £30m in value as well as supporting the design team within the Manchester office.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Undertake a wide variety of structural projects for residential, commercial, education, health and industrial projects
* Undertake initial concept design of structures and prepare high quality, detailed technical drawings
* Liaise with clients, project teams and external consultants and coordinate responses to design team members and Local Authorities
* Provision of engineering reports on existing buildings / structures
* Provision of design reports at various stages for both internal and external use
* Site visits to ensure works are in compliance with design
* Mentor less experienced engineers and technicians within the office
* Attendance at design and construction project meetings
Qualifications / Experience:
* BEng or MEng in Civil or Structural engineering
* Chartered or working towards Chartership with a relevant professional institution (e.g. ICE/ IStructE)
* Demonstrable experience of Structural Engineering and managing the design/delivery of small to medium sized projects would be beneficial
* Experience in the use of industry software (e.g. TEDDs, Fastrak Building Designer, S-Frame) would be beneficial
* Excellent written and verbal communicative skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Cheryl on 0141 375 7955
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com