Our client is currently seeking a Senior Transport Planner to join their Transport Planning Team in Newcastle. The successful candidate will undertake development planning work, providing advice to private clients and local authorities on the access and transportation issues associated with development proposals spanning the residential, retail, educational, health, leisure, commercial and industrial sectors. You will have the opportunity to work in multidisciplinary teams consisting of environmental specialists, water engineers, rail engineers and highways engineers.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Provide technical transport planning expertise to private developers, highways agencies and local authorities
* Support transport planning projects including; transport assessments, travel plans, transport policy and strategies, transport research, project appraisal, accessibility studies and parking studies
* Undertake technical analysis using a range of software packages, including junction assessment/ design (ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT), trip generation (TRICS) and microsimulation (Paramics)
* Preparation of high quality technical reports and proposals
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree educated in civil engineering, transport planning or geography
* Demonstrable experience in development planning work including development masterplanning, transport assessments and travel plans
* Awareness of current and emerging national and regional transport policies and relevant guidance documents (e.g. DfT TA Guidelines, Manual for Streets, NPPF etc)
* Experience of traffic analysis software (TRICS, ARCADY,PICADY, TRANSYT, LINSIG, Paramic. VISUM, VISSIM etc) would be beneficial
* Excellent report-writing and communication skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com