An established Engineering and Environmental consultancy are looking for a commercially aware and technically rounded Geotechnical professional for their Ashford office.
Typical project work in your team will include land development work within residential, commercial, roads and highways sectors. Current pipeline ranges right from pre-acquisition stage due diligence, through the planning stages, continuing into the construction phase. In addition to the existing development work, a healthy amount of business is currently generated from insurance-related work in relation to chalk cavities in and around the Kent area. Someone with specific local geological knowledge would be well placed for this role. Due to the multidisciplinary nature of the team, prospective candidates should also have a good rounding and appreciation of Geoenvironmental issues and wider engineering consultancy.
Sounds like you? Read on!
As a Principal Engineer, you will be tasked with growing a team, re-establishing their geotechnical offering in the region, providing support on the ground to the Geotechnical Director in Reading.
You will see you:
* Leading on and project-manage Geotechnical work in the South East region
* Undertaking technical review of Phase 1 and 2 investigations and constructing interpretive reports
* Tendering/bid management for Phase 2 investigations, including preparing earthworks specs and budget management
* Assisting in recruitment of a Kent-based team, with the subsequent mentoring and management of junior staff.
Typically, you will be an experienced consultant from a similar role, looking to further yourself as the lead geotechnical consultant in a regional office.
* Degree qualified in a related subject.
* A wide background in geotechnical project delivery
* Practical experience in contaminated land remediation works (highly desired)
* Experience leading and mentoring colleagues
* Business development experience would be advantageous
* UK Driving licence
This is a great opportunity with one of our key clients, who are a well-respected consultancy we are assisting with their steady growth. They offer excellent opportunities for progression through the company, with low turnover. They also offer a competitive package and benefits package.