Location: West Sussex office preferred, Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester, Cambridgeshire, or London possible
We are supporting a leading global multidisciplinary consultancy to appoint a consultant level Flood Risk specialist into their Flood and Coastal Risk Management team.
They are looking for an early-career Flood Risk Consultant/Modeller who can positively contribute to their team. Your project portfolio will include a range of strategic and site level flood risk assessments for regional and local government, design and delivery of flood risk management measures, as well as guaranteed work on the Environment Agency's WEM framework.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
As part of your brief, you will have the opportunity to;
* Undertake hydrological assessments
* Contribute to the technical delivery of projects, providing support and guidance to more junior team members
* Conduct Hydraulic Modelling
* Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues
* Get involved in the management of small projects.
Qualifications / Experience:
You will have;
* A relevant BSc and/or MSc
* Proven background in the flood risk and water management industry
* Strong experience with hydraulic modelling software (TuFlow, ISIS, Infoworks)
* Experience in UK hydrology methodologies (including FEH, ReFH) and experience of their application in rural and urban catchments
* Ability to work within a team and assist with mentoring and development of junior colleagues.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to further their career in the flood risk sector with a big player in the industry, who provide excellent opportunities for progression. They offer a competitive salary with generous holidays and flexible benefit options. Our client also offer support towards chartership with CIWEM, in addition to wider development opportunities.
Get in touch to find out more!