As a member of the team you will be involved in the management of internal and external client relationships and the preparation of proposals and bids appropriate to your grade. You will also guide and review the work of less experienced staff, and have team leader and staff management responsibilities.
You will play an important part in the continued growth of the team, identifying resource requirements and through the pursuit of business opportunities with both existing and new clients.
The workload is diverse, including:
* Preparation of Transport Assessments and use of ARCADY, PICADY, TRANSYT and LINSIG;
* Highway design;
* Network modelling: multi-modal, traffic and micro-simulation models;
* Sustainable transport projects;
* Development control and regeneration projects;
* Preparation of Environmental Statements
Skills / Qualifications
* Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Transport Planning, Engineering, Town Planning, Geography, or a related discipline.
* You will have around 10 or more years' relevant experience to have the skills and knowledge required to undertake this role successfully.
* You will have either have been awarded or nearing Chartered or Incorporated status or have equivalent commercial experience and responsibility.
* You must have a full driving licence.
You should be able to demonstrate experience of several of the following:
* Commercial and technical management of projects.
* Business development activities.
* Managing and contributing to multi-disciplinary projects and studies with knowledge and understanding in the planning field, and managing the work of other specialists and less experienced members of the team.
* Technical knowledge of the development of highway schemes from inception to delivery including both preliminary and detail designs.