Job Ref: 15857
Job title: Principal / Associate Ecologist
Rate: £45,000 - £65,000 DOE
Our client, a reputable multi-disciplinary consultancy, is looking for a highly skilled Principal / Associate Ecologist to manage their central ecology team from their Manchester office.
You will be working alongside their in-house water, landscape, arboriculture and sustainability specialists to deliver commercially balanced, innovative and integrated solutions, as well as being directly responsible for managing the staff in your office; and you will provide technical support to the team.
An ideal candidate will have a track record in winning work and developing client relationships - you will assist in the growth of the team's workload.
To be successful you will be expected to have a demonstrable history of managing workload and delivering a wide range of ecological services across a variety of sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Responsible technical delivery, management and financial performance of Central Ecology team
* The post holder will play a key role within a growing ecology team, helping to nurture an enthusiastic, supportive and productive working environment.
* Provide expert advice and technical support to the Central Ecology team
* Become an integrated member of the UK ecology and wider multidisciplinary teams
* Take a lead in winning work and complete monthly financial milestone tasks
* Engage in business development activities and strategies to grow current order book
* Reporting to the Associate Director of Ecology
Qualifications / Experience:
* Experience across a range of UK habitats and protected species and will hold (or have held) survey and mitigation licences;
* A proven record of supporting clients through devising and delivering survey programmes, developing pragmatic, cost-effective mitigation, gaining the agreement of regulators and supervising implementation on-site;
* Experience of Ecological Impact Assessment and writing Environmental Statement chapters;
* A proven record of winning work from commercial clients, particularly in the residential, mixed use and industrial sectors;
* Full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management and have (or be able to demonstrate) that you are working towards Chartered Ecologist status.