We are supporting an award winning development and infrastructure consultancy, with their search for a Senior Flood Risk consultant to join their busy and expanding water engineering team in Reading.
As a senior member of the team you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse project portfolio, engaging with clients seeking planning approvals for both residential and commercial developments. In post you will have the opportunity to lead a range of multi-disciplinary projects, including flood risk assessment and development work, flood alleviation studies and supporting works to water bodies classified under the Reservoirs Act.
As a senior flood risk professional you will:
* Liaise with stakeholders and clients.
* Be responsible for project management of Flood Risk projects
* Technically review other consultant's work
* Be the technical lead of hydraulic modelling, flood mapping and the design of flood mitigation measures
* Supervise and mentor junior staff.
The successful candidate will have:
* A proven track record of undertaking a flood risk and/or hydraulic modelling role within a private sector consultancy.
* Experience with 1D and 2D modelling, to inform design.
* Thorough knowledge of planning guidance with regards to Flood Risk
* Experience of dealing with the regulators and local government contacts, as well as project stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity for an experience Flood Risk professional to join one of the country's leading award-winning consultancies. The company offer excellent personal development opportunities and career progression and aim to create a friendly and supportive environment for all.