Our client in Berkshire is looking to recruit Street Scene Enforcement officers (x5) to implement the Council’s Key Policy Priorities in respect of housing, environmental health and street scene issues and undertake specialist activities and project work in line with those priorities.
Main Purpose of the Job
- To ensure by way of enforcement or persuasion that the streets and other open land are kept in a clean condition at all times, and are
free from litter, staining, dumped waste, graffiti, and fly-posting.
- To ensure by way of enforcement or persuasion that all highways in the Borough are free from obstructions of all kinds, including
unlicensed tables and chairs, builders’ materials, protruding and unsafe scaffolding, unlit skips, abandoned bicycles, etc.
- To ensure by way of enforcement or persuasion that street trading within the Borough is conducted in a lawful and safe manner, and
to deter illegal street trading.
- To solve problems experienced by residents or landlords in relation to recycling and waste management, negotiating the best -
practicable solutions to meet specific needs within the framework of the Council’s waste management policy and practices.
- To promote community safety and reduce residents’ fear of crime.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To detect and examine waste and litter placed unlawfully on the street or on open land, with a view to identifying the person and/or
company responsible and taking appropriate enforcement action against them, and ensuring that the waste and litter is cleared away
- To detect graffiti, fly-posting, unauthorised advertising with a view to identifying the person and/or company responsible and taking
appropriate enforcement action against them, and removing the graffiti, fly-posting, advertising cards.
- Carry out monthly Health, Safety and Welfare inspections of the demised premises in partnership with contract staff to assess
compliance with health and safety standards, making recommendations for improvement and detailing any hazards.
- To detect offences relating to dogs, including dog fouling, dogs without leads, and multiple dog-walking, with a view to identifying the
dog owner giving such advice, or taking such enforcement action against them as may be appropriate.
- To record such data about the state of the street environment as may be required for the purposes of Best Value Performance
Indicators, Fly capture, or other monitoring systems.
- To undertake surveillance of possible offenders; to interview alleged offenders under caution; to make a recommendation about the
appropriate level of enforcement (prosecution, service of notice, issue of fixed penalty notice etc); to serve summonses; to attend
court and give evidence.
- To note offences in connection with food safety, health and safety at work, trading standards, planning, parking and to report them to
appropriate colleagues in the Council.
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health
- Candidates must have one years experience
- A UK driving licence is needed for this role
- A valid Enhanced CRB is also essential for these positions
To register your interest please email email@example.com or call us on 020 8732 5450.