You will join an established and successful multidisciplinary team alongside engineers, planners and EIA consultants. This represents an opportunity to work on variety of projects spanning rail, roads and renewables.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious and technically competent ecologist with a self-motivated attitude, actively looking to progress their career within an accomplished firm.
What can this role offer you?
Someone looking to progress to Senior, or consolidate their current Senior status with an industry-leading consultancy, with the potential to gain exposure to European and Middle East projects.
They have high staff retention due to this, and are focused on maintaining this through a combination of remuneration and training.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Report to and support the Principal Ecologist
* Undertake and coordinate a range of ecological surveys for development proposal spanning the infrastructure, property, energy and renewables sectors
* Prepare ecological reports for a range of proposals, including Phase 1 reports, method statements, Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA) and Habitat Management Plans
* Supervise other project team members, including graduates, subcontractors and seasonal staff
* Contribute to business development, expansion of client base and resource management
Qualifications / Experience:
* Relevant degree education (e.g. Ecology, Conservation)
* UK Surveying experience, preferably for European Protected Species
* Experience of EcIA
* Prior license application experience
* Experience of managing and organising own work and projects would be desirable.
* Associate or full IEEM membership
* Excellent report-writing and communication skills
* Full driving licence.