This an exceptional opportunity to work within a FTSE 100 company. The role will be a key position to assist the Energy & Environmental managers to drive performance in support of the company's sustainability targets and business plan. The portfolio of buildings is very broad and can include commercial and retail buildings.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* To contribute to the effective implementation of company's EMS
* Maintain documentation control of environmental related procedures and legislative requirements
* Carry out internal auditing as well as external Duty of Care auditing on service providers
* Ensure that all environmental auditing requirements are met by maintaining a schedule of visits and outstanding actions.
* Investigation of incidents when they occur, prepare findings and identify improvements.
* Review and analysis waste data well as identifying areas of focus for improvement
* Contribute to the submissions of information for external bench-marking and other
industry related performance indices
* Prepare reports for internal reporting purposes
Qualifications / Experience:
* Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline
* Knowledge of environmental management systems and the requirements of IS0 14001
* Knowledge of environmental legislation and best practice
* Environmental auditing and compliance monitoring experience
* Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
* Excellent interpretation, reporting and analytical skills of data as well as attention
* Capable of working under pressure
* Proficient with MS Office suite of products with strong Excel capabilities
* Willingness to travel UK wide
* Previous experience within property / real estate sector
* Understanding or experience of ISO 50001
* Membership of a relevant professional body
This is an opportunity to work for a very prestigious listed company with excellent career development opportunities. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.