Job Ref: 15689
Job title: Hydraulic Modeller / Senior Modeller
| UK- and Europe-based consultancy | Times Top 100 Company |
| Staff and Project Management Opportunities | Diverse project pipeline |
An independent consultancy with a presence across Europe is looking to expand their Birmingham water management team through the appointment of a modeller/senior modeller.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in, and lead on a range of complex multi-disciplinary projects (inc. flood alleviation, flood risk assessments, development work, Water Framework Directive). This is an opportunity to join an expanding organisation that is a regular award winner and is in the Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for.
* Production of flood plain extents maps, and draft designs for flood management measures
* Hydraulic model construction (primarily ISIS / ESTRY / TUFLOW)
* Produce Flood Risk Assessment reports
* Manage projects and team members, taking a lead and technically reviewing work
The successful candidates will have:
* A degree, Master's degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline
* Experience of packages including ISIS, TUFLOW, ESTRY, ISIS 2d, Hec-Ras, Infoworks RS, Microdrainage, Mapinfo / Arcview
* Confidence in dealing with clients and major stakeholders
* Knowledge of industry standard hydrological flood estimation procedures
* Commercial awareness and be able to bring market knowledge to the role
This position would suit someone looking for variety in their workload and the opportunity to be part of a closeknit, multidisciplinary team. In return for your efforts, this role offers excellent benefits and the support to learn and develop your consultancy career.