We have an exciting opportunity in Essex for an Environmental Health Officer / Technical Officer (Pollution) to investigate complaints of nuisance of deal with issues of noise, dust, smoke, fumes and light and taking appropriate action under Section 80 Environmental Protection Act 1990.
• investigate public health complaints resulting from from rubbish accumulation, waste, drainage and smells from premises, taking appropriate under Environmental Protection Act 1990 and Public Health Act 1936.
• Investigating complaints involving bonfires, pest’s issues and noise/smell nuisance from keeping domestic animals/birds.
• Reviewing and responding to planning applications under BS4142 and BS8223
• Investigating and overseeing complaints relating to all noise and other antisocial behaviour
• Providing key advice, education and guidance on bonfires, pest control, keeping and feeding birds
• Investigation and dealing with construction noise and vibration issues under Section 60
• Control of Pollution Act 1974 and Section 61 Control of Pollution Act 1974
• Preparation and service of Abatement Notices and in the preparation of prosecution cases and appeals
• Instructing and advising external contractors and supervising works in default
• Inspection of processes with environmental permits and other related functions
To register your interest or for further information please email email@example.com or call us on 020 8732 5450.