We have an exciting opportunity in South West London for an Environmental Health Practitioner. Responsible for delivering the Environmental Health function with particular specialist knowledge in the Noise and Environmental Enforcement team.
· Determining and implementing the most appropriate legislative action required, including preparing and serving legal notices, gathering evidence for use in legal proceedings, preparing witness statements and attending court and public inquiries, gathering evidence to oppose or seek revocation of a licence and responding to planning consultations, presenting the evidence to the relevant Committee as necessary.
· Producing clear and well-structured letters and reports, including reports to Licensing and other Sub – Committees.
· Liaising with and effectively communicating with representatives of business, up to and including Director Level, residents, workers, consumers, outside organisations and colleagues, both in the Council and in other Councils.
· Monitoring actions and progress of works by recipients of letters and notices through site visits or written or verbal communications as required and responding to all customer care standards within the targets set by the division, including keeping customers regularly informed.
· Carrying out the full range of Environmental Services duties including, planning and implementing inspections, audits, surveys or other visits;
· responding to, investigating and resolving a wide range of service requests including responding to planning and licensing consultations;
· processing licence applications;
· providing guidance to businesses to ensure compliance with statutory requirements; responding to urgent issues such as outbreaks and major incidents;
· preparing risk assessments, reports, notices and schedules of defects, specification and proofs of evidence
1. Knowledge of local authority & regulatory services
2. High level knowledge in at least one of following professional disciplines: Environmental Protection
3. Good level of knowledge in respect of Police & Criminal Evidence Act & Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act
4. Six months experience in local government environment in relation to Environmental Protection. This may have been gained as part of the practical training placement
5. Some experience of appropriately managing staff resources. Experience of managing physical resources such as items of equipment/materials or small sums of cash
6. Ability to work as part of a team and deal confidently, sensitively and calmly with colleagues, members of the public, businesses and contractors.
7. Ability to organise and prioritise own workload, to work under pressure and meet deadlines
8. Ability to use the service case management system to record casework, monitor caseloads and management data and to train and support other members of staff on its day to day use.
9. Ability to analyse complex information and make appropriate judgements & decisions
10. Good verbal, written and presentation skills including the ability to write technical letters, schedules and reports in plain English.
11. Ability & willingness to work flexibly and out of hours, including evenings & weekends when required
Qualification requirement for each grade is as follows:
• Grade PO2 - Environmental Health Degree or Diploma or Science degree or more than 10 years high level relevant experience and able to undertake the full requirements of the job description
• Grade PO3 - Environmental Health Degree or Diploma with EHORB Registration
To register your interest please reply into this email or call us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.