Do you enjoy offering day to day technical support on contaminated land and remediation projects? We are supporting a nationwide contractor with their search for a Consultant / Senior Scientist to help manage site works and ensure the successful delivery some of the largest projects in the UK.
Having secured a the remediation contract for a large brownfield site in East Anglia, our client are looking for an experienced site engineer to ensure the site activities run smoothly.
If you been involved in the design, installation and assessment of remediation systems and enjoy overseeing sub-contractors, then we'd like to hear from you.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
With a head office in Surrey, project requirements in East Anglia will see you based onsite Monday-Friday; you must be comfortable travelling and staying away from home for periods of time.
On a day to day basis you will have the opportunity to assist in the management of the sites ensuring work is done safely, on time and within budget. Quality standards and statutory requirements/legislations will also need to be upheld. Importantly, you will actively engage with the supply chain and ensure specialist subcontractors and suppliers are delivering as required. You will draw on your experience of communicating with clients to liaise effectively, ensuring they are updated on a regular basis regarding progress on site. You will also act as the main point of contact for resident queries associated with site works.
Qualifications / Experience:
To be successful in post you will have;
* 2+ years' experience gained within a contractor or consultancy environment
* Degree related to the field i.e. Environmental Sciences, Geology, Civil Engineering
* Comfortable in a site supervising role, advising contractors, collecting validation samples, low flow groundwater sampling etc.
* Clear understanding of CLR11, source-pathway-receptor pollutant linkages, Part 2A, PPC surrender etc.
* Understanding / supervisory experience of in-situ and ex-situ remediation techniques, earthworks and hazardous waste management.
* CSCS card and driving license.