Full-time Consultant/Senior Consultant Arboriculturists
Location: Basingstoke or Charfield – north Bristol (other Ecus’ offices considered)
Salary £23,000 - £34,000 depending on experience, plus benefits
Deadline for application: 14th July 2017
Ecus Ltd is a multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy providing an independent service to a wide range of clients in the private and public sectors. Ecus are continuing to build on a reputation for technical excellence with specialisms in landscape, ecology, heritage, EIA, arboriculture and water management. We offer a supportive, friendly yet dynamic environment with opportunity to gain experience across a wide range of sectors.
We are looking to appoint Consultant or Senior Consultant Arboriculturist, depending on experience, to be based in our Basingstoke or Charfield (north Bristol) offices (other Ecus’ offices considered) to deliver projects mainly in the southern region of the UK, although must be willing to travel beyond this region.
The job requires the delivery of projects for both internal and external clients and managing their own portfolio of projects where key tasks would be:
• Undertaking site inspections and tree surveys to BS5837:2012.
• Preparing drawings and reports using Microsoft Office, Autocad and QArb software (training can be provided).
• Meeting agreed deadlines and managing project budgets.
• Preparing fee proposals, with the support of the Regional Manager and wider Arboriculture team.
• Dealing with client enquires and acting as client contact for arboriculture work in the south of England
Knowledge and Skills
Essential requirements for this post are:
• Minimum Technicians Membership of the Arboricultural Association (TechArborA).
• Minimum Level 3 equivalent arboricultural qualification.
• Consultancy experience and minimum 3 years advisory work experience in arboriculture that includes delivering BS5837 development related surveys.
• Thorough knowledge of BS 5837:2012 and ability to advise on likely impacts of development on trees.
• Proficient use of industry standard software, to include AutoCAD/BricsCAD and Microsoft Office applications and willingness to be trained to use QArb software.
• Good project management and organisation skills.
• Good interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
• Full UK Driving licence.
The following skills and experience are desirable, but not essential, for the role:
• Writing tree works specification and tender documentation for tree management works.
• Tree climbing qualification
• Other environmental consultancy experience or dual qualification in ecology or landscape architecture to support other departments where necessary.
• Marketing and business development.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter clearly stating which office you are applying for and why you think you are suitable for the post to: