Our client is an established multi-disciplinary consultancy, who are currently seeking a Principal Structural Engineer to join their team in Edinburgh.
The successful candidate will manage a diverse portfolio of structural engineering projects across a wide range of sectors. You will be expected to liaise with stakeholders at all levels and this is a career position within a dynamic and skilled team, where progression is assured for the right candidate.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Supervising, preparing and checking structural engineering designs and drawings
* Devising and working with Project Briefings as agreed with senior colleagues
* Liaising and communicating with senior external stakeholders and representing our client in scheme development meetings
* Preparing structural specifications, reports and general correspondence
* Attending site to inspect construction works as projects develop
* Raising invoices and monitoring job costs as projects develop
* Exercising extreme care and diligence in engineering design
Qualifications / Experience:
* Qualification in a 'built environment' discipline and working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Institution of Structural Engineers, or a similar body
* Strong proven experience in a similar Civil/Structural Consulting Engineering practice working to UK standards
* Strong experience designing structural members in structural steel, reinforced concrete, timber and masonry
* Good working knowledge of proprietary design software such as SCIA Engineer / Fastrak / Esa-Prima (Smart Modeller) / RAM Concept, etc
* Thorough understanding of UK Building Regulations, British Standards, NHBC regulations, etc
* Basic knowledge of AutoCAD and good MS Office skills preferred
* Exemplary communication and negotiation skills.
* Proven ability to manage your own workload within agreed time scales.