We have a unique opportunity for an ambitious Ecologist or Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) to join a recently established environmental consultancy. Their services include Environmental Clerk of Works, ECoW and environmental compliance training.
The role will initially involve Clerk of Works duties in relation to a large linear project (pipeline) in Northern England (all expenses/ accommodation provided). The role would suit an ambitious self-starter who is perhaps feeling restricted in their current role and seeking greater autonomy and progression. In the medium term there will be significant scope to get involved in other schemes and play a key part in the future growth and diversification of the business.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Co-ordinate preconstruction surveys and the preparation of environmental management documents for a major pipeline project
* Undertake and manage ecological (e.g. Phase 1 and extended Phase 1) and ornithological surveys during the construction phase
* Monitor construction activities and liaise with contractors and project team to ensure compliance with approved method statements and planning obligations
* Advise the project on achieving compliance and the latest mitigation techniques
* Liaison with clients, regulators and statutory consultees such as Natural England and SNH to resolve or mitigate any issues
Qualifications / Experience:
* Relevant experience in a similar capacity as an Environmental Clerk of Works or ECoW
* Good knowledge of relevant UK and EU wildlife legislation including conservation of protected species
* Sounds knowledge of environmental constraints with technical expertise in ecology, hydrology or waste management
* Good knowledge of survey methods and construction techniques
* Self-starter with good problem solving skills and ability to work well under pressure
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com