Our client is a well established and highly respected traffic survey company with operations across the UK and Ireland. They have built their reputation on providing a reliable and high quality service. They are currently seeking to appoint an ambitious and commercially minded Data Manager to lead the Scottish operation and continue to develop the business.
The ideal candidate will come from a transport planning or commercial data collection background and have knowledge of a variety of traffic survey types and methods. You will be responsible for tendering for new data collection projects, coordinating surveys and developing relationships with existing and prospective clients across the public and private sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Prepare proposals and quotes for traffic data collection projects
* Liaise with clients to clarify survey specification and ensure appropriate methodology
* Project management and coordination of traffic surveys ensuring site staff are working in an efficient manner and in accordance with client specification
* Undertake general office management responsibilities including staff management, administration and finance
* Regular liaison with manging director to coordinate project / marketing activities and communicate office performance
* Undertake marketing initiatives through mail outs, attendance at exhibitions and seminars to raise profile of the business throughout the UK and Ireland
* Assist with the development of new technologies and working practices where appropriate
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree in a relevant business or transport discipline is desirable
* Sound knowledge of traffic data collection techniques
* Good knowledge of Scottish transport planning and data collection market from the perspective a public sector agency / local authority or private sector consultancy
* Network of contacts in the Scottish transport planning industry
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage tasks and time to ensure the office operates in an efficient and cost effective manner
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to produce clear and concise survey proposals in response to client requests
* Business development acumen and ability to develop excellent client relationships
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Data Manager or commercially-minded Transport Planner seeking more of a customer-facing role. You will join a growing company with and will be given the autonomy to develop the Scottish business and team. In return, the client can offer excellent career progression and support, along with an attractive salary and benefits package.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com