Our client is an international environmentally-focussed multidisciplinary consultancy with operations in the property, infrastructure, energy and environmental markets. They specialise in providing environmental appraisal and planning support for both large and small developments in the private and public sectors.
Due to a healthy pipeline of projects, they are currently looking to appoint a Flood Risk Hydrologist AND a Senior Hydrologist to their teams in Bristol, Edinburgh and Leeds. You will collaborate with and be supported by a large team of hydrologists, engineers and hydraulic modellers from other UK offices. The successful candidates will have a fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of projects from flood risk assessments at individual sites to catchment-wide strategic flood studies.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Key responsibilities include:
* Undertake flood risk assessments (FRA) for a range of residential, retail and mixed use proposals
* Prepare water quality and hydrological impact assessments for EIAs
* Undertake hydrological analysis using FEH, WINFAP and ReFH
* Prepare hydraulic models using industry software
* Support and guide other hydrologists within the team
* Preparation of reports and proposals
* Liaise with colleagues, clients, statutory regulators and approvers
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
* Degree educated in a relevant degree (e.g. hydrology, environmental science)
* Experience in flood risk assessment and hydrology within a local authority or consultancy
* Knowledge of relevant guidance documents such as NPPF, TAN15 and SPP17 is desirable
* Knowledge of hydrological analysis (FEH, WINFAP, ReFH) and hydraulic modelling software (e.g. MIKE 11/12, HEC, Ras, Microdrainage, Flood Modeller) is desirable
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Full UK driving licence
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com