Our client is an international environmental and engineering consultancy with an unrivalled reputation for the quality of service they deliver. They are currently seeking an Assistant Engineer or Contaminated Land Consultant to join their established team in Edinburgh. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of groundwater and land gas projects with the potential for remediation.
The ideal candidate will have some experience in Phase I and Phase II investigations, remediation and reporting.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Delivery of contaminated land site investigations (Phase I and Phase II) for a range of clients
* Design and supervision of environmental site investigations and remediation projects
* Preparation and review of interpretative reports
* Review of Phase I, II and III technical assessments
* Liaison with clients, regulators, sub-contractors and colleagues
* Management and mentoring of more junior staff members
* Preparation of tenders and fee proposals
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree or Masters in relevant discipline (e.g. Earth Science / Hydrogeology)
* Demonstrable consultancy, local authority or contractor experience in site investigation
* Sound understanding of relevant legislation and guidelines across the UK
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Full UK drivers license
Our client offers excellent opportunities for professional development through a rewarding working environment.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com