Our client is an award-winning multidisciplinary consultancy with a prestigious array of clients within the building and construction sector both in the UK and internationally. They are currently seeking to appoint an M&E Building Services Engineer/ Surveyor to join their expanding team in Newcastle.
The role will involve assessment of M&E works carried out by others and the design and specification of low to medium value projects up to £1M in contract value. This is an exciting opportunity for a junior or intermediate M&E Building Services Engineer/ Surveyor to take on a key role in the delivery of assessments for a wide array of building service projects covering the education, health, residential and transport sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Assess M&E works carried out by others, assessing compliance with current regulatory standards/CIBSE guides
* Undertake and manage early stage design and feasibility work
* Undertake site surveys (including compliance assessments)
* Prepare reports and detailed specifications (using NBS Specification software if appropriate)
* Carry out detailed design work and assist colleagues with preparing tender information
* Liaise with clients, contractors and other consultants (internal and external)
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree in Building Services, HND/HNC or equivalent
* Some experience within a commercial building services environment on education, health, residential and/ /or transportation projects
* Ability to establish a good working relationship with client and colleagues
* Knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT and NBS Specification is desirable
* Good written and verbal communication skills