This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary practice of landscape architects, ecologists and arboriculturalist to support the growth of their Kent based Ecology team. Our client is seeking a Senior Ecologist, to join their friendly and close-knit team of environmental professionals.
Not only will you have the opportunity to take the technical lead on important and technically complex projects, but you will also be providing a diverse range of ecological services, on a range of projects. Work will range from sensitive historical sites to large scale multi-phased mixed development projects and will often involve collaboration with the two other specialist teams (landscape and arboriculture) to deliver client requirements.
Kent is a wonderful place to live and work, with scenic ANOBs and coast lines, historic cities and outdoor activities from water sports to mountain biking. London is only a short train journey away.
* Taking the lead on important and technically complex projects
* Supporting the Head of Ecology in managing and programming ecology works associated with the office
* Managing the team in the absence of the Head of Ecology
* Mentoring and training other members of the ecology team
* Client contact and cultivation
* Coordinating and undertaking scoping and species-specific ecology surveys
* Composing ecology fee proposals
* Attending client and design team meetings when required
* Co-ordinating and leading on ecological appraisals for medium to large scale projects
* Designing protected species mitigation strategies
* Project management, report writing and delivery
* Adhering to document and process quality standards
* Making licence applications as required
* A holder of at least one NE EPS licence
* Honours degree in ecology or closely related field
* Previous experience in ecological consultancy (a minimum of 4 to 5 years)
* Experience in project management from inception to completion
* Full CIEEM membership
* Full driving licence and access to a car
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including client and stakeholder liaison
* Good team player with the ability to work independently
This is an exciting opportunity that will allow you to grow and progress in a career in ecological consultancy. You will work with the Team Leader to set a personal development plan to help you meet your career aspirations. You will benefit from access to external training in addition to internal training session from a highly experienced in-house team.