The Carbon Trust's mission is to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy. We are independent experts on carbon reduction and resource efficiency, who reinvest surpluses from group commercial activities into our mission. We partner many leading organisations around the world, helping them contribute to and benefit from a more sustainable future.
We advise businesses, governments and the public sector on their opportunities in a sustainable low carbon world as well as design and manage complex projects that overcome barriers and deliver real results. We also provide independent services that recognise achievements in sustainability and have helped hundreds of businesses improve the way they work.
The purpose of this role is to manage the Carbon Trust’s B2B events programme in the context of the overall Group’s marketing and communications plan. This will include development of targeted third party event activity (speaker, sponsorship and exhibition opportunities) and ongoing management and development of the Carbon Trust speaker programme.
A large part of the role will involve designing and delivering events in support of the overall marketing and communications objectives whilst supporting the various business offerings. Ensuring cost effectiveness and customer value are a priority across all event activities.
• ‘Market needs’ assessment for Carbon Trust events and preparing effective ROI case for each project.
• Planning and delivering the Carbon Trust events and third party calendar for the year.
• In conjunction with other team members direct delivery of Carbon Trust events.
• Support of sponsorship and fundraising programme with associated targets.
• Appropriate and cost-effective promotion of events.
• Liaison across the group and business areas to develop relations with key internal stakeholders
• Management of any external agency or supplier support, including measuring performance against service level agreement and KPI’s
• Financial management including forecasting, budgeting and reconciliation of cost ‘actuals’ at the end of each month
• Collating post-event research and reporting outcomes
• Making recommendations as a result of event and sponsorship feedback
• Driving increased awareness of the Carbon Trust via third party event activity
• Contributing to weekly & monthly reports and supporting the co-ordination of information around the events and sponsorship programme.
We are looking for:
• Marketing and event management experience of at least 2 years, preferably in a B2B environment
• A good understanding of effective face to face communication and building key internal stakeholder relationships is essential
• Experience of managing projects
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Marketing or business qualifications desirable – CIM certificate or diploma etc.
• Experience of working with senior managers and key internal and external stakeholders
• Experience of working with external suppliers.
• Experience of co-ordinating and reporting statistics for business decision making
• Interest in and knowledge of sustainability, especially in an events context.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary for this role and a performance based bonus scheme. This is a permanent role and our hours are 37.5 per week. We also offer 28 days paid holiday plus bank holidays, a pension scheme and an opportunity to join our employee partnership scheme.
Our offices are close to Blackfriars and Waterloo stations and offer gym membership either on site or subsidised, travel card loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, company away days and a 24-hour Employee Assistance Helpline.
Joining the Carbon Trust provides an opportunity to work alongside some of the leading practitioners in the low carbon arena so if you are commercially-minded and would like to join us please follow the link to our application page.
We are an equal opportunities employer, have a diverse workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK. No agencies or publications.