If you're an experienced Safety, Health, Environment and Quality professional looking to take on an exciting lead role on one of the UK's major infrastructure projects then this role may be the ideal fit for you. Join our client's Manchester team as a Lead Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) and you'll get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
The team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. They have an enviable reputation in project delivery and have been working closely with blue chip clients including Manchester Airport,
You will be responsible for the development of systems which will lead to a climate of positive Safety, Health and Environment culture throughout the client environment. If successful you shall continually improve and implement the Safety Management System (SMS), Quality Management System (QMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) in terms of SHE process, Quality process (BSI, LRQA).
* To develop the SHEQ strategy and agenda for the UK in conjunction with the UK Director of Operations and the CEO
* To lead, direct and manage the SHEQ agenda with regards to the implementation of the SHEQ strategy
* Generate and promote awareness and understanding of SHEQ at all levels in the region
* Monitor SHE performance through SHE data provided and report against objectives and targets
* Carry out an evaluation of compliance against the legal register and use internal and external auditing data to carry out an annual SHEQ review in line with OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 and 9001 requirements
* Prepare and attend external audits with regards to the conformance with ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 in those Locations certified to the standard
* Alongside other members of SHE community and UK Leadership team, support the site to conform to the Quality Policy, BMS, Environmental Policy and EMS
* Working collaboratively with other consultants, contractors and government regulators to roll out leading edge developments and best practice
* Ensure that new legislative requirements which will have an impact on the business, are identified and reviewed and acted upon accordingly
* Constantly monitor external trends and ensure that these are taken on board in SHE and Quality planning and roll out of skills related courses and in documents that inform others around our standards
* Member of the global SHE community; develop and review global policies and undertake initiatives as part of the global H&S team (e.g. review of Global health and safety management system, review of travel security provider and procurement of new provider)
If you are a highly experienced SHEQ professional with a strong track record delivering infrastructure projects then send you CV or call Dominic on 02079602551 to discuss in more detail.