I am currently working on an excellent opportunity, for an experienced Structural Engineer, to join an established multi-disciplinary firm in Glasgow. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in some prestigious building structures projects across a variety of sectors. Reporting to the Director/Associate, this position offers the opportunity to receive support and guidance towards chartered status whilst expanding and building upon an already solid skill-set.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will be able:
* To act as the Project Engineer and take responsibility for small scale civil or building projects
* To direct, co-ordinate and supervise junior staff employed on the Project.
* To take direction from senior members of staff where the Project is not under your control.
* To prepare and/or check design calculations for all structural elements and ensure the requirements for overall stability, robustness etc. are met
* To prepare and check technical drawings, sketches and specifications to an acceptable standard.
* To assist in the control of the design budget and programme on a day to day basis.
* To carry out civil and structural engineering surveys/assessments of existing structures, topographical surveys and assist in the preparation of technical reports.
* To prepare schedules of work, bill of quantities, conditions of contract for civil engineering works.
* To carry out site inspections during construction to check the Contractor's workmanship and bring to the attention of all relevant parties defective elements or unsafe working practices.
* To check subcontractors fabrication drawings/design for compliance with Project Drawings and Specifications.
* To liaise and communicate directly with clients and other professionals employed on the Project.
* To advise the Directors on any potential areas of work which become known.
* Any other reasonable duty to assist other members of staff.
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful candidate will have:
* A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Chartered status, or working towards chartership
* Experience of designing structures in various types of materials
* Working knowledge of relevant design software such as AutoCAD and Tedds
* Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
* Ambition to progress your career to the next level
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Liam Madden on 0141 375 7955 or