Electrical Design Engineer - Solar / Battery Storage - Central London / Herts / Essex or home based. £40,000 to £50,000 + bonus.
This is a key role with a leading developer and operator of renewable energy assets who provide combined solar PV / battery storage systems to industrial and commercial enterprises.
We are seeking an experienced electrical design engineer with strong commercial acumen to manage the design and engineering of battery storage projects & solar PV for industrial and commercial customers.
You'll be acting as a subject matter expert for the business development team across all projects and you'll share some accountability for achieving sales team targets, so it's a highly visible, commercially focussed role and offers exciting growth prospects.
You're a high calibre electrical engineering (or renewable engineering) graduate with solid engineering design experience in renewable energy and a broad commercial understanding of the sector.
You're looking for an opportunity to use your technical and commercial knowledge to enter the battery storage / wider renewables sector.
You may have gained your experience as a design engineer, project engineer or sales engineer (or a combination), you'll have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a technical role within the renewable energy sector and a successful track record in the UK market.
Experience in battery storage design is useful, but ground mount solar design experience will prepare you well.
* Electrical engineering or renewable engineering bachelors' or masters' degree.
* A good knowledge of renewable energy system design tools such as SLD, PVSyst etc.
* 5 years' experience in renewable energy.
* 12 months' minimum ground mount solar, detailed system design.
* Strong commercial knowledge, PPAs, power prices, FiTs, project pricing etc.
* Confident professional approach, including strong English language communication skills, written and spoken.
* Right to work in the UK (EU Citizen ideally).
* Strong preference will be given to candidates currently residing in the UK.
Remuneration and location
A competitive salary in the region of £40,000 to £50,000 with bonus availability.
You can either be based at the company's offices in Central London or Hertfordshire / Essex. Consideration for home working will also be considered for strong candidates.